High Point, NC Real Estate
Welcome to High Point NC!
High Point city leaders aim to create the single most livable, safe and prosperous community in America and the city is definitely accomplishing that goal. As part of the Triad cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point, there are numerous opportunities for employment, easy weekend excursions, stimulating adventures and unexpected delights.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in High Point, NC
Perfect For: Young, Career-Motivated Professionals with a Fun Side
- Young Professionals: With close proximity to 25 colleges and universities, High Point is a hub for single people in their 20s and 30s with undergrad and graduate degrees who are upwardly-mobile career starters. This is unique as High Point isn’t a huge city, but provides great job opportunities. On the social end, this age group will have everything accessible to them from nightclubs to local bars to theaters. There’s also a thriving High Point Young Professional social group. If an attraction couldn’t be found in High Point, it would be nearby in Greensboro. For first-time homebuyers, there are diverse neighborhoods that offer real estate to fit any budget and need.
- Interior Design Industry: As the “Furniture Capital of the World” the industry is the largest employer of High Point and the surrounding area. The city is a mecca for interior designers, furniture designers, wholesalers and dealers, and the industry takes over the city twice a year for the High Point Market.
The Lifestyle: Great Communities, Culturally Diverse, and Adventure
High Point residents seem to have perfected the ideal balance of work, home life, leisure, and adventure. It’s pretty easy to do when there are so many options available for activities that fit any interest, while still focusing on building great communities.
Looking for adventure? Check out the Kersey Valley Zip Line. Are you an active outdoors lover? You’ll enjoy the hiking trails at Piedmont Environmental Center. Or maybe you’re a lover of culture? Spend your evenings with a downtown art gallery, a theatre performance, a lakeside concert or a festival at the park.
High Point, NC’s Real Estate Market
Beautiful and affordable homes are available throughout the unique High Point neighborhoods in diverse styles, sizes, and characters. The real estate market may include historic, existing homes built after 1950, or new developments.
With a variety of residential homes and neighborhood options, there is an opportunity for any potential homeowner to one that fits their budget, personality, and hopefully, every point on their wish list. High Point’s low cost of living offers the opportunity for a variety of homeowners to create their ideal lifestyle. High Point homes for sale provide an unparalleled opportunity to live in gorgeous North Carolina, in a prime location for employment and in a smaller town with a focus on the future.
Average Price for Homes in High Point, NC:
Featured Neighborhoods in High Point, NC
- Alderbrook: Find homes with all the modern features, but which radiate with charm that will remind you of neighborhoods of the past. Old-style street lamps line the streets in this walkable community.
- Barrington Oaks: New homes have been sprouting in this community since 2011, with several new homes still being built. The neighborhood is planned well with private cul-de-sacs, decorative street lighting, a pool, and a clubhouse.
- Cottesmore: Homes are convenient to all the go-to spots, including shopping, the farmer’s market, and even the airport.
- Hampton Park: You’ll find homes on larger lots than comparable neighborhoods, and you’ll get a lot of square footage for your investment. Located in the high-demand Shadybrook school district.
- Mill Point: This neighborhood was developed on rolling hills next to the High Point Elks Club. Homes have a good middle-price range and you’ll get a lot for your money.
You’ll Enjoy: Culture, Furniture, and Outdoor Recreation
- Diverse opportunities to enjoy local arts. Take advantage of the Children’s Carousel Theatre, HP Ballet, HP Community Theatre, HP Community Concerts, and Piedmont Artists. The Arts Council has promoted access to the arts and culture since 1962, forming five arts organizations that contribute to the quality of life in High Point.
- Furniture Shopping will take on a new life and adventure when you live in the “Home Furnishings Capital of the World”, with more than 40 discounted furniture stores to explore. USA Today even published a step-by-step guide to go furniture shopping in High Point.
- For recreational choices from indoor tennis to championship golf, water skiing to family camping, you’ll need to head to 1,500-acre Oak Hollow Park. The park surrounds Oak Hollow Lake, the perfect spot for boating, fishing, sailing, canoeing and kayaking.
- You’ll find more than 150 restaurants, shops, retailers, and a local farmers market along High Point’s Main Street. The area is being revitalized to create a pedestrian-friendly environment with sidewalk shops and patios as well as a central gathering spot for special events and community celebrations.
Distinguished Schools in High Point, NC
- Southwest Elementary School | PK-5 | 4372 Southwest School Road
- Florence Elementary School | PK-5 | 7605 Florence School Drive
- Southwest Guilford Middle School | 6-8 | 4368 Southwest School Road
- Penn-Griffin School for the Arts | 6-12 | 825 E Washington Drive
- Ledford Senior High | 9-12 | 140 Jesse Green Road
Four community colleges and 13 colleges and universities are within 25 minutes of downtown High Point. The city is home to three universities: High Point University, South University, and Laurel University.
High Point, NC Utilities
- High Point Electric Utilities Department | Power | Utilities http://www.high-point.net/electric/index.cfm
- High Point Water and Sewage Service | Water | Sewage http://www.highpointnc.gov
- North State | TV |Broadband Internet | Voice http://northstate.net/
The Workforce: Diverse Skills with Furniture Dominating
Coined the “Furniture Capital of the World,” High Point’s furniture industry employs 69,000 and growing each year. High Point is home to over 125 local furniture manufacturers and over 50 retail and factory furniture outlets. The world’s largest Wholesale Home Furnishings show, the High Point Market, brings in dealers from around the world twice a year. Ralph Lauren Corporation is the largest single employer in High Point.
High Point is home to North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad Center, made up of more than 170 diverse companies and 11,000 employees. The Centre is conveniently located a few minutes from the airport, and Interstate’s 40, 73, and 74, which appeals to industry growth.
Traditional and newer technology companies thrive with the proximity to major markets along the east coast and into the mid-West. Large industry sectors and employers include distribution/logistics; advanced manufacturing; pharmaceuticals; and healthcare.
Why Live Here: Central Location with Balance of Home, Work & Leisure
High Point is located midway between the Great Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains and the Carolina coastline and enjoys a mild climate year-round. The city is joined by a well-planned transportation network that makes it easy to explore these wonders, as well as nearby cities Greensboro and Winston-Salem. When you’re home, you’ll enjoy the balance of work, home and leisure.