Charlotte, NC Real Estate
Welcome to Charlotte, NC!
Charlotte is the heart and soul of North Carolina. Full of southern charm, it is a city where commerce, culture, education, and a low-cost of living come together to create an ideal place to raise a family and pursue careers. From the growing skyline downtown to the peaceful suburbs, Charlotte is a priceless southern gem that draws residents in and captivates their hearts.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Charlotte, NC
The Lifestyle: Laid Back with a Tinge of Excitement
Charlotte is considered to be one of the best places to live in America due to its growing economy, high quality of life, and welcoming atmosphere. Whatever you want to get out of life, you will find it is right here ready for you to discover.
- Diversity: Charlotte is a world class city whose residents come from every corner of the globe. It is a multi-ethnic metropolis where you will discover African-American, Caucasian, and Hispanic influences within every neighborhood and shopping center. From Beer Me Brew Fest to the Charlotte World Parade & Festival, the city embraces its diversity with flair.
- Events & Recreation: Carowinds Amusement Park, Discovery Place, and over 200 public parks provide the perfect venues for family fun. Residents can cruise along the peaceful waves of Lake Norman on the Lady of the Lake, or play a round of golf at any of the cities world famous golf courses.
- Professional Sports: Charlotte is a city that thrives on competition and the city hosts numerous sporting events throughout the year. From the stands of the Charlotte Motor Speedway to the pits of the Metrolina Speedway you will see some of the fastest NASCAR races in the world. Residents also delight in watching the Charlotte Bobcats toss 3-pointers into the basket, and are thrilled by the trails the Charlotte Checkers and Carolina Hurricanes are blazing across the ice.
Charlotte, NC’s Real Estate Market
Charlotte has a vast selection of historic neighborhoods and picturesque communities to choose from. Whether you want to live in the shadow of vintage factories or upon a Southern estate, it’s not hard to find a home that fits your lifestyle like a glove. Traditional southern homes come with open floor plans that help maximize space around the house. In return, you have spacious entertainment areas to host dinner parties and neighborhood barbecues. To learn more, check out our available listings:
Average Price for Homes in Charlotte, NC:
Featured Neighborhoods in Charlotte, NC
- Myers Park: This garden suburb was once a cotton farm that has been transformed into the city’s most prestigious neighborhood. The tree lined streets of Myers Park are lined with some of the grandest Colonial style homes in the South making this a neighborhood sure to impress your friends and family.
- Dilworth: This historic neighborhood is filled with bungalows nestled beneath stately oak trees planted generations ago. It is a close knit and active community where neighbors are happy to invite you to Sunday brunch at a nearby restaurant, or ask you to attend the community picnic at their church right down the street.
- South End: One of Charlotte’s liveliest and most eclectic neighborhoods, South End is full of retail stores, restaurants, and antique shops. Small business owners, artists, musicians, retirees, and many others cherish living within this pedestrian friendly community that’s lined with apartments and modern condominiums.
You’ll Enjoy: A Relaxed & Romantic Atmosphere
Charlotte is a city where you can pursue your career aspirations during the week and sit back to enjoy a BBQ on the weekends. It’s mild climate makes it an ideal place for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers, while its bustling shopping centers and vibrant community events provide ample opportunities for you to shop and socialize.
- A Walk in the Woods: The hills around the city are lined with trails and pathways that beckon residents to don their hiking boots and reach for their walking sticks throughout the year. Whether you are up for the 7-mile hike at Crowder’s Mountain State Park, or want to sit back and watch birds at the Reedy Creek Park and Nature Preserve, you will find ample opportunities to marvel at the natural world.
- Shop ’til you Drop: From high end boutiques to designer outlet malls, the city has a little bit of everything to offer. Located right off I-485, you will find major department stores at Carolina Place Mall, while you will discover plenty of fun and excitement at the Concord Mills Mall, where you can shop and play in equal measure.
- Romantic Evenings: Charlotte is full of places where love and romance blossom with ease. Take the special person in your life out to dinner at any of the city’s best restaurants before catching a Broadway show or ballet over at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.
Distinguished Schools in Charlotte, NC
- Park Road Montessori | Grades PK-6 | 3701 Haven Drive
- Bain Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 11524 Bain School Road
- Collingswood Language Academy | Grades K-8 | 4000 Applegate Road
- Carmel Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 5001 Camilla Drive
- South Mecklenburg High School | Grades 9-12 | 8900 Park Road
Perfect For: Families & History Lovers
There are lots of things to see and do that the whole family will enjoy doing together. The family-friendly atmosphere and a touch of that legendary southern charm make Charlotte a city you will never want to move away from.
- The Great Outdoors: Charlotte is ringed with hills, lakes, and rivers. From fishing to camping, and hiking to skiing, the city is heaven on earth for nature lovers around the world.
- History on Every Corner: The city’s roots go back to the 1700’s and you will see it in everything from the architecture to the names of the streets. Take a walking tour or stop by the Mint Museum where you will learn all about North Carolina’s history.
Charlotte, NC Utilities
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities | Water | http://charmeck.org/
- Duke Energy | Electric | https://www.duke-energy.com/north-carolina.asp
- Piedmont Natural Gas | Gas | http://www.piedmontng.com/
- Windstream | High Speed Internet | http://www.windstreambusiness.com/
The Workforce: Growing Financial Sectors are Money in the Bank
Charlotte is the second largest banking center in America, and both Bank of America and Wells Fargo have their East Coast headquarters here. The Charlotte Chamber of Commerce is an active organization that takes great pride in helping to create a local economy that is as vibrant as it is viable. Their focus on attracting businesses with operations around the globe has made this a world class hub of commerce that will continue to grow by leaps and bounds in the future. Top employers in the area include the Carolina Healthcare System, Novant Health, and TIAA-CREF.
Why Live Here: A Place That Feels Like Home
With close knit communities and a burgeoning economy, Charlotte is a fantastic place for you to build a career and raise a family. The stable economy and excellent educational opportunities make it an ideal city for you to put down roots and nurture them. You and your family will cherish the mild climate, magnificent scenery, and warm culture that make Charlotte one of the friendliest cities in America.